Wednesday, March 21, 2012

LeBron James OK after collision

LeBron James had a rough night Tuesday in the Miami Heat's 99-95 win over the Phoenix Suns.
He re-aggravated an old right elbow injury he had when playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Then, he suffered a blow to the head after colliding with the Suns' Grant Hill in the final 30 seconds of the game.

The Heat took timeouts after both injuries and James was able to stay in the game both times. The elbow injury occurred after he fell hard after a foul by Phoenix's Markieff Morris.
James said he had a "stinger" in his right arm that caused him the same numbness that affected him during the 2010 playoffs and once forced him to attempt a free throw left-handed. He still wears a padded sleeve on his right arm to protect the elbow.
"It's the same elbow I hurt in Cleveland so I was a little off, I would say, for the rest of the game," said James, who had 20 points but struggled from the floor after the hard landing.
"We'll see the next couple days. I'll come and get some treatment on it. Hopefully doesn't cause any problems."
James did not remember the immediate moments after the blindside hit from Hill as both players went for the ball. James said he had a headache, but said he did not have tests for a concussion after the game.
Heat trainers did ask him questions, such as the time and score of the game, before allowing him to return to the court. He laid on the floor, at times flat on his back, for several minutes aftrer the hit.
"I've never had one of those hits since I've had on pads and a helmet. I don't know exactly what happened," James said. "I had a steal coming and the next thing I know, I was on the floor."
James said he's never had a concussion.
"No, I'm too tough for that," James said.

No comments:

Post a Comment